Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Watercolor exercises and techniques

Purpose:
To experiment with a variety of watercolor techniques;
To make connections between experimenting with watercolor techniques learned to creating your own landscape watercolor.

For this water color exercise I learned many different techniques that I had never tried before. I learned that using other objects in your painting, such as tissue paper or saran wrap, would create an interesting effect that you wouldn't be able to get with a brush. I also used many techniques when we first started watercolor in my larger painting that was divided into many different sections. For the small landscape, I tried different techniques to see what would work best for each texture, such as whisking for grass. Over all, I think these assignments have helped my understanding of watercolors and prepared me for my final painting.





No comments:

Post a Comment