Friday, June 13, 2014

Work of Art I am most proud of


    Of all of the in-class work we have done this year, I am most proud of my self-portrait that we did in the fall. Before the portrait unit, I had no experience in drawing people, especially portraits. I had done some abstract ones as a kid at a summer camp or class, but never a real self-portrait. I now feel that I definitely know more about drawing faces and the proportions. I know that before drawing, you have to break down the face so you know where each feature is. Also, this project taught me a lot about value and how important it is. Using value to create shadows gives the subject texture and shape, such as the shape of the head or the texture of the hair. This project made me feel more confident in my ability to draw a portrait, whether it is of myself or another person, and I am very proud of the outcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment